Cruz Medina is Associate Professor of Rhetoric and Composition at Santa Clara University, and faculty for the Bread Loaf School of English program in Santa Fe, NM. Dr. Medina’s research interests include digital writing and multicultural rhetoric, focusing on issues of social justice. His book Reclaiming Poch@ Pop: Examining the Rhetoric of Cultural Deficiency (Palgrave 2015) addresses issues of citizenship, education and politics related to Latin@s in the U.S. Visit Dr. Medina’s blog for updated teaching and research activities.
(Photo: Joanna Lee)
- PhD, University of Arizona
- MA and MFA, Chapman University
- BA, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Medina, Cruz, and Octavio Pimentel, editors. Racial Shorthand: Coded Discrimination Contested in Social Media. Logan: Computers and Composition Digital P/Utah State UP, 2018, http://ccdigitalpress.org/shorthand.
- “Decolonial Potential in a Multilingual FYC.” Composition Studies, vol. 47, no. 1, 2019, pp. 74-95. scholar commons link
- “Comment & Response: A Response to Kim Hensley Owens’s ‘In Lak’ech, the Chicano Clap, and Fear: A Partial Rhetorical Autopsy of Tucson’s Now-Illegal Ethnic Studies Classes.’” College English, vol. 80, no. 6, 2018, pp. 539-545 (with Aja Y. Martinez and Gloria J. Howerton. https://works.bepress.com/cruz-medina/13/
- Reclaiming Poch@ Pop: Examining Rhetoric of Cultural Deficiency. Palgrave MacMillan, 2015. Google Books
- “Family Profession.” College Composition and Communication (Sept. 2013) scholar commons link
- Multicultural Digital Storytelling (Bread Loaf School of English)
- Multimodal Literacy in the Digital Age (Bread Loaf School of English) 2018
- Rhetoric of Storytelling
- Introduction to Writing Studies and Digital Publication
- Writing about Literature and Culture
- Social Justice and Literacy
- Multilingual First-Year Composition
- Developmental Writing
- Senior Seminar
Selected Multimodal Compositions
Trailer for the edited collection Racial Shorthand: Coded Discrimination Contested in Social Media.
Below is the video trailer for my monograph Reclaiming Poch@ Pop: Examining the Rhetoric of Cultural DeficiencyCruz Medina CV 2017 Contact: cnmedina AT scu DOT edu. Blog: Academia de Cruz Medina. Cruz Medina at Santa Clara University